CS/CS/HB 1077: Department of Financial Services
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; LaMarca ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Watson, C.
Department of Financial Services; Specifies powers & duties of Division of Public Assistance Fraud; prohibits individual working for entity covered by State Risk Management Trust Fund from engaging in retaliatory conduct against sexual harassment victim; revises provisions relating membership of Board of Funeral, Cemetery, & Consumer Services; provides for disqualification of applicants for licensure under ch. 497, F.S., upon conviction of certain offenses; prohibits persons from engaging in certain activities requiring licensure without holding required licenses; prohibits certain actions to influence firesafety inspector; provides persons serving as volunteer firefighters may serve as regular or permanent firefighter for limited period; prohibits false personation of certain personnel; provides investigations component of DFS is criminal justice agency.
Last Action: 2/19/2020 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 627
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 94
• Introduced -HJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 444
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 443
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 446
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 446
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 1 -HJ 585
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 583
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 627
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.