Use the Bill List tab to filter the bill list or search bill text. Use the Bill Search tab to search all bills and related documents, such as analyses and amendments, including those on the archive site. Bills from sessions prior to 2011 are available on the Florida Senate archive site.
Searching: 2018, Senate Bills
990 Bills Found
|Number||Title||Filed By||Last Action and Location||Track Bill|
|SR 1910||Mental Health Awareness Week||Farmer||Last Action: 1/31/2018 S Adopted -SJ 239|
|SR 1912||Caribbean Heritage Month||Campbell||Last Action: 2/1/2018 S Adopted -SJ 255|
|SR 1914||FAMU Day||Powell||Last Action: 2/7/2018 S Adopted -SJ 267|
|SB 1916||Public Records and Public Meetings||Book||Last Action: 3/10/2018 S Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability|
|SR 1918||Self-Care Month||Grimsley||Last Action: 2/21/2018 S Adopted -SJ 369|
|SB 1920||Public Records/Vessel Registrants||Montford||Last Action: 3/10/2018 S Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability|
|SR 1922||Endometriosis Awareness Month||Grimsley||Last Action: 2/28/2018 S Adopted -SJ 404|
|SR 1924||Kappas at the Kapitol Days||Thurston||Last Action: 3/10/2018 S Died, not introduced|
|SR 1926||Florida's 1902 Historic Capitol 40th Anniversary||Montford||Last Action: 3/7/2018 S Adopted -SJ 782|
|SR 1928||St. Johns River State College Day||Bradley||Last Action: 2/21/2018 S Adopted -SJ 369|
|SR 1930||Florida National Guard||Gibson||Last Action: 2/27/2018 S Adopted -SJ 398|
|SR 1932||Safe Haven for Newborns Month||Garcia||Last Action: 2/28/2018 S Adopted -SJ 405|
|SR 1934||Harry Tyson Moore and Harriette Vyda Simms Moore Day||Hukill||Last Action: 3/2/2018 S Adopted -SJ 448|
|SR 1936||Springs Protection Awareness Month||Bradley||Last Action: 3/5/2018 S Adopted -SJ 686|
|SR 1938||250th Anniversary of the Founding of New Smyrna Beach||Hukill||Last Action: 3/7/2018 S Adopted -SJ 783|
|SB 1940||Public Records and Public Meetings/School Safety||Galvano||Last Action: 3/9/2018 Chapter No. 2018-1|
|SR 1942||Financial Literacy Month||Hukill||Last Action: 3/6/2018 S Adopted -SJ 737|
|SR 1944||Father George Clements||Rouson||Last Action: 3/2/2018 S Adopted -SJ 448|
|SCR 1946||Extension of 2018 Legislative Session||Benacquisto||Last Action: 3/9/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HCR 1457 -SJ 1027|
|SB 2500||Appropriations||Appropriations||Last Action: 2/8/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 5001 -SJ 311|
|SB 2502||Implementing the 2018-2019 General Appropriations Act||Appropriations||Last Action: 2/8/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 5003 -SJ 320|
|SB 2504||State Employees||Appropriations||Last Action: 2/8/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 5005 -SJ 335|
|SB 2506||Health Care||Appropriations||Last Action: 3/10/2018 S Died, not introduced|
|SB 2508||K-12 Education||Appropriations||Last Action: 3/10/2018 S Died, not introduced|
|SB 7000||OGSR/Criminal History Records/Department of Law Enforcement||Criminal Justice||Last Action: 2/21/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7029 -SJ 373|
|SB 7002||OGSR/Active Criminal Intelligence or Criminal Investigative Information||Criminal Justice||Last Action: 2/21/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7031 -SJ 373|
|SB 7004||OGSR/Petitioner Information/Notification of Service of an Injunction for Protection||Judiciary||Last Action: 3/10/2018 H Died in Messages|
|SB 7006||OGSR/Investigation of a Violation of the Florida False Claims Act/Department of Legal Affairs||Judiciary||Last Action: 2/28/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7013 -SJ 407|
|SB 7008||OGSR/Local Government Electric Utility||Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities||Last Action: 3/7/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7095 -SJ 784|
|SB 7010||OGSR/Payment Instrument Transaction Information/Office of Financial Regulation||Banking and Insurance||Last Action: 3/7/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7075|
|SB 7012||OGSR/Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Policyholder Eligibility Clearinghouse||Banking and Insurance||Last Action: 3/7/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7097 -SJ 785|
|SB 7014||State-administered Retirement Systems||Governmental Oversight and Accountability||Last Action: 2/8/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 5007 -SJ 336|
|SB 7016||OGSR/School Food and Nutrition Service Program||Agriculture||Last Action: 2/28/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7011 -SJ 408|
|SB 7018||OGSR/Agency Investigations||Ethics and Elections||Last Action: 3/7/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7077 -SJ 785|
|SB 7020||OGSR/Complaints of Violations and Referrals||Ethics and Elections||Last Action: 2/28/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7041 -SJ 408|
|SPB 7022||Firearm Safety||Rules||Last Action: 2/22/2018 S On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Received|
|SB 7024||Public Records/Victim of an Incident of Mass Violence||Rules||Last Action: 3/9/2018 Chapter No. 2018-2|
|SB 7026||Public Safety||Rules||Last Action: 3/9/2018 Chapter No. 2018-3|
|SB 7028||Ratification of Department of Elderly Affairs Rules||Rules||Last Action: 3/27/2018 Chapter No. 2018-122|
|SB 7030||Ratification of Agency for Health Care Administration Rules||Rules||Last Action: 3/5/2018 S Laid on Table, refer to HB 7099 -SJ 7002|
Enter a search term in the search box. Bills evolve into different versions as they are amended throughout the legislative process. "Current Bill Version" is selected by default and will only return search results for the latest version of bills in the selected session. Choose "All Bill Versions" to search for the term in all versions of all bills in the selected session. Choose "Include Amendments" to also search all amendment text.
- Stemming - Your search result may contain suffixes of the word used. This is called stemming. For example: If you search for the word bicycle, your search will return a broad result on bicycle, bicycles, and bicycling.
- Wildcards - If stemming does not return a broad enough result, use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard at the end or beginning of a word, or for a portion of a word. For example: If you type govern* in the Search box, the search will return a broad result on Govern, governs, governed, governing, government, governmental, governor.
- Multiple-word Searches - Two or more words separated by a comma. Will find returns that contain each word.
- Phrase Searches - Similar to multiple-word searches, except words are not separated by a comma. When federal census is entered into the search box, returns contain both federal and census.
- Quotation Marks - Put quotation marks around multiple words for results with the words together. When "federal census" is entered into the search box, returns contain federal census together.
Boolean Operators - Specify words, exclude words, or add complex combinations of words to be queried by using Boolean Operators.
Boolean Operators should be represented by words (and, or, not) and not symbols (&, |, ^).
- AND logic retrieves records in which all terms are present. A search for dog and cat will return records with both dog and cat. The more terms you combine in a search with AND logic, the fewer results you will retrieve. A search for dog and cat and fish will result in fewer returns than just dog and cat.
- OR logic retrieves all the unique records containing one term, the other term, or both of them. OR logic is most commonly used to search for synonymous terms or concepts, such as "college or university". A search for dog or cat will result in records that have at least one of the terms.
- NOT logic excludes records from your search results. A search for dog not cat will result in records that mention dog but do not mention cat. Be careful when using NOT. The term you want may be present in records that also contain the word you wish to avoid.
The vast majority of bills cite the Florida Statutes, however they can also cite the Florida Constitution or Laws of Florida.
Use the Citation search field to determine which bills (latest version) cite sections of the Florida Statutes. Citations are formatted as “chapter.section”. If you add a number without a “.”, such as “120”, the search engine will automatically add a “.” at the end, so the search will return results for all bills that cite sections in Chapter 120—including bills creating new sections in Chapter 120.
To search for specific section citations, you must include the chapter number, such as “120.555”. Bills cite the current version of the Florida Statutes at the time the bill is filed. For example, the 2013 Statues were published to reflect the changes that were made during the 2013 Legislative Session. Statute citations for bills in the 2014 Legislative Session cite the 2013 Florida Statutes.
Use the Citation search field to determine which bills (latest version) cite sections of the Florida Constitution. Citations are formatted as “article, section”. The field will accept roman or arabic numerals, separated by a comma or period. If you add a number without a comma or period, such as “10”, the search engine will automatically add a “.” at the end, so the search will return results for all bills that cite sections in Article 10—including bills creating new sections in Article 10.