Use the Bill List tab to filter the bill list or search bill text. Use the Bill Search tab to search all bills and related documents, such as analyses and amendments, including those on the archive site. Bills from sessions prior to 2011 are available on the Florida Senate archive site.
Searching: 2018, Senate Bills
142 Bills Found
|Number||Title||Filed By||Last Action and Location||Track Bill|
|SB 212||Reentry Into the State by Certain Persons||Steube||Last Action: 8/23/2017 S Filed|
|SB 214||Legal Holidays||Book||Last Action: 8/25/2017 S Withdrawn prior to introduction|
|SB 216||Schools of Hope||Book||Last Action: 8/24/2017 S Filed|
|SB 218||Safe Storage of Loaded Firearms||Farmer||Last Action: 8/24/2017 S Filed|
|SB 220||Bankruptcy Matters in Foreclosure Proceedings||Passidomo||Last Action: 8/24/2017 S Filed|
|SB 222||Guardian Ad Litem Direct-support Organization||Bean||Last Action: 8/25/2017 S Filed|
|SB 224||Legal Holidays||Book||Last Action: 8/25/2017 S Filed|
|SB 226||Inmate Reentry Services||Bracy||Last Action: 8/29/2017 S Filed|
|SB 228||Serving Commercially Sexually Exploited Children||Bracy||Last Action: 8/29/2017 S Filed|
|SB 230||Next Generation Sunshine State Standards||Bracy||Last Action: 8/29/2017 S Filed|
|SB 232||Coral Reefs||Book||Last Action: 8/30/2017 S Filed|
|SB 234||Youthful Offenders||Bracy||Last Action: 8/30/2017 S Filed|
|SB 236||Tax Credit for Baby Changing Tables in Restaurants||Book||Last Action: 8/30/2017 S Filed|
|SB 238||Conditional Medical Release Program||Bracy||Last Action: 8/30/2017 S Filed|
|SB 240||Concealed Weapons and Firearms on Private School Property||Baxley||Last Action: 9/13/2017 S Withdrawn prior to introduction|
|SB 242||Developmental Disabilities||Baxley||Last Action: 8/31/2017 S Filed|
|SB 244||Domestic Wastewater Collection System Assessment and Maintenance||Brandes||Last Action: 8/31/2017 S Filed|
|SB 246||Crime Reports||Farmer||Last Action: 8/31/2017 S Filed|
|SB 248||County Court Judges||Hutson||Last Action: 9/1/2017 S Filed|
|SB 250||Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Mobile Surgical Facilities||Steube||Last Action: 9/5/2017 S Filed|
|SB 252||State Employee Higher Education Fee Waivers||Steube||Last Action: 9/5/2017 S Filed|
|SB 254||Patriotic Societies||Baxley||Last Action: 9/5/2017 S Filed|
|SB 256||Property Insurance||Farmer||Last Action: 9/5/2017 S Filed|
|SB 258||Insurance Rates||Farmer||Last Action: 9/5/2017 S Filed|
|SB 260||Students with Disabilities in Public Schools||Book||Last Action: 9/6/2017 S Filed|
|SB 262||Searches by Law Enforcement Officers||Farmer||Last Action: 9/7/2017 S Filed|
|SCR 264||Equal Rights for Men and Women||Gibson||Last Action: 9/7/2017 S Filed|
|SB 266||Covenants and Restrictions||Passidomo||Last Action: 9/7/2017 S Filed|
|SB 268||Public Records/Public Guardians and Public-guardian Case Managers||Passidomo||Last Action: 9/7/2017 S Filed|
|SB 270||Involuntary Examination and Involuntary Admission of Minors||Steube||Last Action: 9/7/2017 S Filed|
|SB 272||Local Tax Referenda||Brandes||Last Action: 9/7/2017 S Filed|
|SB 274||Concealed Weapons and Firearms in Multiuse Facilities||Stargel||Last Action: 9/13/2017 S Filed|
|SB 276||Voter Registration List Maintenance||Hutson||Last Action: 9/14/2017 S Filed|
|SB 278||Public Records/Department of State||Hutson||Last Action: 9/14/2017 S Filed|
|SB 280||Telehealth||Bean||Last Action: 9/14/2017 S Filed|
|SB 282||Mortgage Regulation||Baxley||Last Action: 9/15/2017 S Filed|
|SB 284||Nursing Home and Assisted Living Facilities||Book||Last Action: 9/15/2017 S Filed|
|SB 286||Florida Slavery Memorial||Rouson||Last Action: 9/18/2017 S Filed|
|SB 288||Data Collection on Direct Filing||Bracy||Last Action: 9/18/2017 S Filed|
|SB 290||Motor Vehicle Registration Applications||Rouson||Last Action: 9/18/2017 S Filed|
|SB 292||Private Property Rights||Rodriguez||Last Action: 9/18/2017 S Filed|
|SB 294||Mandatory Retention||Rodriguez||Last Action: 9/19/2017 S Filed|
Enter a search term in the search box. Bills evolve into different versions as they are amended throughout the legislative process. "Current Bill Version" is selected by default and will only return search results for the latest version of bills in the selected session. Choose "All Bill Versions" to search for the term in all versions of all bills in the selected session. Choose "Include Amendments" to also search all amendment text.
- Stemming - Your search result may contain suffixes of the word used. This is called stemming. For example: If you search for the word bicycle, your search will return a broad result on bicycle, bicycles, and bicycling.
- Wildcards - If stemming does not return a broad enough result, use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard at the end or beginning of a word, or for a portion of a word. For example: If you type govern* in the Search box, the search will return a broad result on Govern, governs, governed, governing, government, governmental, governor.
- Multiple-word Searches - Two or more words separated by a comma. Will find returns that contain each word.
- Phrase Searches - Similar to multiple-word searches, except words are not separated by a comma. When federal census is entered into the search box, returns contain both federal and census.
- Quotation Marks - Put quotation marks around multiple words for results with the words together. When "federal census" is entered into the search box, returns contain federal census together.
Boolean Operators - Specify words, exclude words, or add complex combinations of words to be queried by using Boolean Operators.
Boolean Operators should be represented by words (and, or, not) and not symbols (&, |, ^).
- AND logic retrieves records in which all terms are present. A search for dog and cat will return records with both dog and cat. The more terms you combine in a search with AND logic, the fewer results you will retrieve. A search for dog and cat and fish will result in fewer returns than just dog and cat.
- OR logic retrieves all the unique records containing one term, the other term, or both of them. OR logic is most commonly used to search for synonymous terms or concepts, such as "college or university". A search for dog or cat will result in records that have at least one of the terms.
- NOT logic excludes records from your search results. A search for dog not cat will result in records that mention dog but do not mention cat. Be careful when using NOT. The term you want may be present in records that also contain the word you wish to avoid.
The vast majority of bills cite the Florida Statutes, however they can also cite the Florida Constitution or Laws of Florida.
Use the Citation search field to determine which bills (latest version) cite sections of the Florida Statutes. Citations are formatted as “chapter.section”. If you add a number without a “.”, such as “120”, the search engine will automatically add a “.” at the end, so the search will return results for all bills that cite sections in Chapter 120—including bills creating new sections in Chapter 120.
To search for specific section citations, you must include the chapter number, such as “120.555”. Bills cite the current version of the Florida Statutes at the time the bill is filed. For example, the 2013 Statues were published to reflect the changes that were made during the 2013 Legislative Session. Statute citations for bills in the 2014 Legislative Session cite the 2013 Florida Statutes.
Use the Citation search field to determine which bills (latest version) cite sections of the Florida Constitution. Citations are formatted as “article, section”. The field will accept roman or arabic numerals, separated by a comma or period. If you add a number without a comma or period, such as “10”, the search engine will automatically add a “.” at the end, so the search will return results for all bills that cite sections in Article 10—including bills creating new sections in Article 10.