2017 Florida Statutes
493.6303 License requirements.—In addition to the license requirements set forth elsewhere in this chapter, each individual or agency must comply with the following additional requirements:
(1) Each agency or branch office shall designate a minimum of one appropriately licensed individual to act as manager, directing the activities of the Class “D” employees.
(2) An applicant for a Class “MB” license shall have 2 years of lawfully gained, verifiable, full-time experience, or training in:
(a) Security work or related fields of work that provided equivalent experience or training;
(b) Experience described in paragraph (a) for 1 year and experience described in paragraph (c) for 1 year;
(c) No more than 1 year using:
1. Either college coursework related to criminal justice, criminology, or law enforcement administration; or
2. Successfully completed law enforcement-related training received from any federal, state, county, or municipal agency; or
(d) Experience described in paragraph (a) for 1 year and work in a managerial or supervisory capacity for 1 year.
(3) An applicant for a Class “M” license shall qualify for licensure as a Class “MA” manager as outlined under s. 493.6203(2) and as a Class “MB” manager as outlined under subsection (2).
(4)(a) An applicant for a Class “D” license must submit proof of successful completion of a minimum of 40 hours of professional training at a school or training facility licensed by the department. The department shall by rule establish the general content and number of hours of each subject area to be taught.
(b) Upon reapplication for a license, an individual whose license has been expired for 1 year or more is considered an initial applicant and must submit proof of successful completion of 40 hours of professional training at a school or training facility licensed by the department as provided in paragraph (a) before a license is issued.
(5) An applicant for a Class “G” license shall satisfy the firearms training outlined in s. 493.6115.
History.—ss. 4, 11, ch. 90-364; s. 11, ch. 91-248; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 15, ch. 94-172; s. 3, ch. 2006-165; s. 14, ch. 2011-205; s. 21, ch. 2017-85.