2018 Florida Statutes
569.002 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Dealer” is synonymous with the term “retail tobacco products dealer.”
(2) “Division” means the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
(3) “Permit” is synonymous with the term “retail tobacco products dealer permit.”
(4) “Retail tobacco products dealer” means the holder of a retail tobacco products dealer permit.
(5) “Retail tobacco products dealer permit” means a permit issued by the division pursuant to s. 569.003.
(6) “Tobacco products” includes loose tobacco leaves, and products made from tobacco leaves, in whole or in part, and cigarette wrappers, which can be used for smoking, sniffing, or chewing.
(7) “Any person under the age of 18” does not include any person under the age of 18 who:
(a) Has had his or her disability of nonage removed under chapter 743;
(b) Is in the military reserve or on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States;
(c) Is otherwise emancipated by a court of competent jurisdiction and released from parental care and responsibility; or
(d) Is acting in his or her scope of lawful employment with an entity licensed under the provisions of chapter 210 or this chapter.
History.—s. 2, ch. 92-285; s. 222, ch. 94-218; s. 4, ch. 97-162; s. 1, ch. 98-172.