2018 Florida Statutes
(1) A limited liability company that is administratively dissolved under s. 605.0714 or former s. 608.4481 may apply to the department for reinstatement at any time after the effective date of dissolution. The company must submit all fees and penalties then owed by the company at the rates provided by law at the time the company applies for reinstatement, together with an application for reinstatement prescribed and furnished by the department, which is signed by both the registered agent and an authorized representative of the company and states:
(a) The name of the limited liability company.
(b) The street address of the company’s principal office and mailing address.
(c) The date of the company’s organization.
(d) The company’s federal employer identification number or, if none, whether one has been applied for.
(e) The name, title or capacity, and address of at least one person who has authority to manage the company.
(f) Additional information that is necessary or appropriate to enable the department to carry out this chapter.
(2) In lieu of the requirement to file an application for reinstatement as described in subsection (1), an administratively dissolved limited liability company may submit all fees and penalties owed by the company at the rates provided by law at the time the company applies for reinstatement, together with a current annual report, signed by both the registered agent and an authorized representative of the company, which contains the information described in subsection (1).
(3) If the department determines that an application for reinstatement contains the information required under subsection (1) or subsection (2) and that the information is correct, upon payment of all required fees and penalties, the department shall reinstate the limited liability company.
(4) When reinstatement under this section becomes effective:
(a) The reinstatement relates back to and takes effect as of the effective date of the administrative dissolution.
(b) The limited liability company may resume its activities and affairs as if the administrative dissolution had not occurred.
(c) The rights of a person arising out of an act or omission in reliance on the dissolution before the person knew or had notice of the reinstatement are not affected.
(5) The name of the dissolved limited liability company is not available for assumption or use by another business entity until 1 year after the effective date of dissolution unless the dissolved limited liability company provides the department with a record executed as required pursuant to s. 605.0203 permitting the immediate assumption or use of the name by another limited liability company.
History.—s. 2, ch. 2013-180; s. 7, ch. 2015-148.