2004 Florida Statutes
259.03 Definitions.--The following terms and phrases when used in this chapter shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) "Council" means that council established pursuant to s. 259.035
(2) "Board" means the Governor and Cabinet, as the Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund.
(3) "Capital improvement" or "capital project expenditure" means those activities relating to the acquisition, restoration, public access, and recreational uses of such lands, water areas, and related resources deemed necessary to accomplish the purposes of this chapter. Eligible activities include, but are not limited to: the initial removal of invasive plants; the construction, improvement, enlargement or extension of facilities' signs, firelanes, access roads, and trails; or any other activities that serve to restore, conserve, protect, or provide public access, recreational opportunities, or necessary services for land or water areas. Such activities shall be identified prior to the acquisition of a parcel or the approval of a project. The continued expenditures necessary for a capital improvement approved under this subsection shall not be eligible for funding provided in this chapter.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Environmental Protection.
(5) "Division" means the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration.
(6) "Water resource development project" means a project eligible for funding pursuant to s. 259.105 that increases the amount of water available to meet the needs of natural systems and the citizens of the state by enhancing or restoring aquifer recharge, facilitating the capture and storage of excess flows in surface waters, or promoting reuse. The implementation of eligible projects under s. 259.105 includes land acquisition, land and water body restoration, aquifer storage and recovery facilities, surface water reservoirs, and other capital improvements. The term does not include construction of treatment, transmission, or distribution facilities.
History.--s. 1, ch. 72-300; s. 13, ch. 79-255; s. 2, ch. 81-210; s. 10, ch. 89-116; s. 193, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 12, ch. 99-247; s. 6, ch. 2000-170.