- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Authority to issue warrants.
213.69 Authority to issue warrants.--Upon a final determination of unpaid taxes, interest, or penalties due under the revenue laws of this state, the department may issue warrants for those taxes listed in s. 213.05 or placed under the control of the department by law. Such warrants may direct:
(1) The sheriff of any county within the state to levy upon and sell the goods of such person which are found within the sheriff's jurisdiction for the payment of the amount of the delinquency, plus the penalties, interest, and cost of executing the warrant and conducting the sale, and to return the warrant and the money collected to the department. However, any surplus resulting from the sale after the costs, penalties, and delinquent taxes have been accounted for must be returned to the person in default; or
(2) A deputy, agent, or employee of the department or of the Department of Law Enforcement, after receiving written designation by the executive director, to execute that warrant in the same manner as a sheriff.
History.--s. 25, ch. 92-320.