2005 Florida Statutes
Statewide contracts register.
288.705 Statewide contracts register.--All state agencies shall in a timely manner provide the Florida Small Business Development Center Procurement System, a Type I center of the State University System funded as provided in Pub. L. No. 96-302, as amended, with all formal solicitations for contractual services, supplies, and commodities. The Small Business Development Center shall coordinate with Minority Business Development Centers to compile and distribute such information to Florida small and minority businesses requesting such service for the period of time necessary to familiarize the business with the market represented by state agencies. On or before February 1 of each year, the Small Business Development Center shall report to the 1Department of Labor and Employment Security on utilization of the statewide contracts register. Such report shall include, but not be limited to, information relating to:
(1) The total number of solicitations received from state agencies during the calendar year.
(2) The number of solicitations received from each state agency during the calendar year.
(3) The method of distributing solicitation information to those businesses requesting such service.
(4) The total number of businesses using the service.
(5) The percentage of businesses using the service which are owned and controlled by minorities.
History.--s. 4, ch. 85-104; s. 277, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 23, ch. 94-322; s. 60, ch. 96-320.
1Note.--Section 69, ch. 2002-194, repealed s. 20.171, which created the Department of Labor and Employment Security.