- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Removal of lien from records.
319.241 Removal of lien from records.--The owner of a motor vehicle or mobile home upon which a lien has been filed with the department or noted upon a certificate of title for a period of 5 years may apply to the department in writing for such lien to be removed from the department files or from the certificate of title. The application shall be accompanied by evidence satisfactory to the department that the applicant has notified the lienholder by certified mail, not less than 20 days prior to the date of the application, of his or her intention to apply to the department for removal of the lien. Ten days after receipt of the application, the department may remove the lien from its files or from the certificate of title, as the case may be, if no statement in writing protesting removal of the lien is received by the department from the lienholder within the 10-day period. If, however, the lienholder files with the department within the 10-day period a written statement that the lien is still outstanding, the department shall not remove the lien until the lienholder presents a satisfaction of lien to the department.
History.--s. 1, ch. 59-479; s. 6, ch. 65-190; ss. 24, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 10, ch. 82-134; s. 342, ch. 95-148.