2005 Florida Statutes
Fuller's earth clay reclamation performance standards.
378.703 Fuller's earth clay reclamation performance standards.--
(1) All reclamation activities shall, to the extent feasible, be coordinated with resource extraction and in any event shall be initiated at the earliest practicable time.
(2) Reclamation activities shall be consistent with all applicable local government ordinances at least as stringent as the criteria and standards contained in this section.
(3) Reclamation activities shall be conducted in a manner which has no long-term adverse impact on surface and groundwater resources, wildlife, and adjacent lands.
(4) Drainage systems, wetlands, and other surface waters shall function in manners which are not significantly different from those which existed prior to resource extraction.
(5) Reclamation shall achieve the stormwater requirements of the appropriate water management district.
(6) The department shall establish by rule the reclamation sloping requirements.
(7) The operator shall use best management practices to minimize erosion, including revegetation.
(8) The plans for revegetation shall incorporate measures to offset wildlife habitat lost as a result of resource extraction.
(9) Reclamation shall provide for the establishment of flora and fauna which are consistent with intended land use.
(10) Reclamation and restoration shall result in landforms which are capable of supporting diverse and beneficial land uses.
(11) Exceptions to the criteria and standards contained in this section may be granted by the secretary for experimental or innovative techniques.
(12) Reclamation of the land, including a complete growing season for revegetation, shall be completed within 3 years of the completion of the mining operations associated with the resource extraction.
History.--s. 1, ch. 86-294; s. 337, ch. 94-356.