- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Legislative findings and intent.
408.90 Legislative findings and intent.--The Legislature finds that 2.5 million Floridians do not have access to health insurance coverage, often because the premiums are unaffordable. It is the intent of the Legislature to provide a state health insurance program for those people who are without health insurance so that they may have access to preventive and primary care services. The state health insurance program shall offer basic, affordable health care services to those Floridians who have not had access to the private health insurance market. The Legislature intends that the state program shall target the uninsured and not those who currently have private health insurance coverage.
History.--s. 37, ch. 93-129.