- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Studies and recommendations by the department and the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission; designation of recommended traditional and other use zones; supervision of aquaculture operations.
253.75 Studies and recommendations by the department and the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission; designation of recommended traditional and other use zones; supervision of aquaculture operations.--
(1) Prior to the granting of any form of authorization under this act, the board shall request comments by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission when the application relates to bottom land covered by fresh or salt water. Such comments shall be based on such factors as an assessment of the probable effect of the proposed use on the conservation of fish or wildlife or other programs under the constitutional or statutory authority of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
(2) The department and the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission shall both have the following responsibilities with respect to submerged land and water column falling within their respective jurisdictions:
(a) To undertake, or cause to be undertaken, the studies and surveys necessary to support their respective recommendations to the board;
(b) To institute procedures for supervising the aquaculture activities of lessees holding under this act and reporting thereon from time to time to the board; and
(c) To designate in advance areas of submerged land and water column owned by the state for which they recommend reservation for uses that may possibly be inconsistent with the conduct of aquaculture activities. Such uses shall include, but not be limited to, recreational, commercial and sport fishing and other traditional uses, exploration for petroleum and other minerals, and scientific instrumentation. The existence of such designated areas shall be considered by the board in granting leases under this act.
History.--s. 1, ch. 69-46; ss. 25, 27, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 78, ch. 94-356; s. 74, ch. 99-245; s. 6, ch. 2000-364; s. 8, ch. 2005-157.