- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
667.002 Definitions.--Except to the extent specifically qualified by context, when used in this chapter:
(1) "Capital stock" means the aggregate of shares of nonwithdrawable capital issued by a capital stock association, but does not include nonwithdrawable capital represented by capital certificates.
(2) "Dwelling unit" means a single, unified combination of rooms which is designed for residential use by one family in a multiple dwelling unit structure and which is not "home property."
(3) "Earnings" means that part of the sources available for payment of earnings of a savings bank which is declared payable on savings accounts from time to time by the board of directors and is the cost of savings money to the savings bank. Earnings also may be referred to as "interest."
(4) "Home property" means real estate on which is located, or will be located pursuant to a real estate loan, a structure designed for residential use by one family or a single condominium unit, including common elements pertinent to such unit, designed for residential use by one family in a multiple-dwelling-unit structure or complex and including fixtures, home furnishings, and equipment.
(5) "Liquid assets" means:
(a) Cash on hand.
(b) Cash on deposit in a federal home loan bank or federal reserve bank, or a state bank which performs similar reserve functions, and which is withdrawable upon not more than 30 days' notice and which is not pledged as security for indebtedness. Any deposits in a financial depository institution under the control of or in the possession of any supervisory authority are not liquid assets.
(c) Obligations of, or obligations which are fully guaranteed as to principal and interest by, the United States or this state.
(d) Such other assets as approved by the office which are accepted as liquid assets for federally insured savings banks by the appropriate federal regulatory agency.
(6) "Net income" means gross revenues for an accounting period, less all expenses paid or incurred, taxes, and losses sustained as shall not have been charged to reserves pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(7) "Primarily residential property" means real estate on which there is located, or will be located pursuant to a real estate loan:
(a) Any structure designed or used primarily for residential rather than nonresidential purposes and consisting of more than one dwelling unit.
(b) Any structure designed or used primarily for residential rather than nonresidential purposes for students, residents and persons under care, employees, or members of the staff of an educational, health, or welfare institution or facility.
(c) Any structure which is used in part for residential purposes for not more than one family and in part for business purposes, provided the residential use of such structure must be substantial and permanent, not merely transitory.
(8) "Real estate loan" means any loan or other obligation secured by a lien on real estate in any state held in fee or in a leasehold extending or renewable automatically for a period of at least 15 years beyond the date scheduled for the final principal payment of such loan or obligation, or any transaction out of which a lien or claim is created against such real estate, including, but not limited to, the purchase of such real estate in fee by a savings bank and the concurrent or immediate sale of such real estate on installment contract.
(9) "Savings account" means that part of the savings liability of the savings bank which is credited to the account of the holder of such account. A savings account also may be referred to as a "savings deposit."
(10) "Savings bank" means a capital stock or mutual savings bank subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(11) "Savings liability" means the aggregate amount of savings accounts of depositors, including earnings credited to such accounts, less redemptions and withdrawals.
(12) "State savings bank" means any savings bank which has an existing savings bank charter issued pursuant to the provisions of the financial institutions codes.
(13) "Stockholder" means the holder of one or more shares of any class of capital stock of a capital stock savings bank organized or operating pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
History.--s. 15, ch. 97-30; s. 1865, ch. 2003-261.