2006 Florida Statutes
Definitions; ss. 877.20-877.25.
877.21 Definitions; ss. 877.20-877.25.--As used in ss. 877.20-877.25, the term:
(1) "Emergency" means an unforeseen combination of circumstances which results in a situation that requires immediate attention to care for or prevent serious bodily injury, loss of life, or significant property loss. The term includes, but is not limited to, a fire, a natural disaster, or an automobile accident.
(2) "Establishment" means a privately owned place of business to which the public is invited, including, but not limited to, a place of amusement or a place of entertainment.
(3) "Minor" means any person under 16 years of age.
(4) "Parent" means a person who has legal custody of a minor as a:
(a) Natural or adoptive parent.
(b) Legal guardian.
(c) Person who stands in loco parentis to the minor.
(d) Person who has legal custody of the minor by order of the court.
(5) "Public place" means a place to which the public has access, including, but not limited to, streets, highways, public parks, and the common areas of schools, hospitals, apartment houses, office buildings, transportation facilities, and shops.
(6) "Remain" means to stay unnecessarily in a particular place.
History.--s. 83, ch. 94-209.