2007 Florida Statutes
County charters; general provisions.
125.83 County charters; general provisions.--
(1) A county charter may prescribe one of the optional forms of government herein authorized, and shall clearly define the responsibility for legislative and executive functions in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
(2) The county charter shall require all elective offices to be filled only by qualified voters of the county. All appointed offices may be filled by nonresidents of the county; however, the charter may require that, upon appointment, such officers shall reside in the county during their tenure in office.
(3) The county charter shall define "vacancy in office" and provide methods for filling such vacancy.
(4) The county charter shall provide that the salaries of all county officers shall be provided by ordinance and shall not be lowered during an officer's term in office.
(5) The county charter shall provide a schedule for the transfer of governmental functions into the charter form of government as adopted.
History.--s. 2, ch. 74-193.