2007 Florida Statutes
Registration of securities.
517.07 Registration of securities.--
(1) It is unlawful and a violation of this chapter for any person to sell or offer to sell a security within this state unless the security is exempt under s. 517.051, is sold in a transaction exempt under s. 517.061, is a federal covered security, or is registered pursuant to this chapter.
(2) No securities that are required to be registered under this chapter shall be sold or offered for sale within this state unless such securities have been registered pursuant to this chapter and unless prior to each sale the purchaser is furnished with a prospectus meeting the requirements of rules adopted by the commission.
(3) The office shall issue a permit when registration has been granted by the office. A permit to sell securities is effective for 1 year from the date it was granted. Registration of securities shall be deemed to include the registration of rights to subscribe to such securities if the application under s. 517.081 or s. 517.082 for registration of such securities includes a statement that such rights are to be issued.
(4) A record of the registration of securities shall be kept by the office, in which register of securities shall also be recorded any orders entered by the office with respect to such securities. Such register, and all information with respect to the securities registered therein, shall be open to public inspection.
(5) Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, offers of securities required to be registered by this section may be made in this state before the registration of such securities if the offers are made in conformity with rules adopted by the commission.
History.--s. 6, ch. 14899, 1931; CGL 1936 Supp. 6002(7); s. 3, ch. 24066, 1947; s. 11, ch. 25035, 1949; ss. 12, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 2, ch. 78-435; ss. 5, 15, ch. 79-381; ss. 4, 5, ch. 80-254; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; s. 1, ch. 83-201; s. 5, ch. 85-165; s. 6, ch. 86-85; ss. 14, 15, ch. 90-362; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 4, ch. 97-224; s. 587, ch. 2003-261.