2009 Florida Statutes
Conference of Circuit Judges of Florida; duties and reports.
26.55 Conference of Circuit Judges of Florida; duties and reports.--
(1) There is created and established the Conference of Circuit Judges of Florida. The conference shall consist of the active and retired circuit judges of the several judicial circuits of the state.
(2) The conference shall annually elect a chair, whose duty it shall be to call all meetings and to appoint committees to effectuate the purposes of the conference. It is declared to be an official function of each circuit judge to attend the meetings of the conference. It is also an official function of each circuit judge to participate in the activity of each committee to the membership of which such judge is appointed.
(3)(a) It is declared to be the responsibility of the conference to:
1. Consider and make recommendations concerning the betterment of the judicial system of the state and its various parts;
2. Consider and make recommendations concerning the improvement of rules and methods of procedure and practice in the several courts; and
3. Report to the Supreme Court such findings and recommendations as the conference may have with reference thereto.
(b) Not less than 60 days before the convening of the regular session of the Legislature, the chair of the conference shall report to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House such recommendations as the conference may have concerning defects in the laws of this state and such amendments or additional legislation as the conference may deem necessary.
History.--s. 1, ch. 59-273; s. 1, ch. 72-49; s. 1, ch. 73-299; s. 2, ch. 84-254; s. 114, ch. 95-147.