- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Income deduction enforcement in Title IV-D cases.
409.2574 Income deduction enforcement in Title IV-D cases.--
(1) The department or its designee shall enforce income deduction orders on behalf of obligees who have applied for IV-D services, and the department shall be considered a party in the action.
(2)(a) In a support order being enforced under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act and which order does not specify income deduction, income deduction shall be enforced by the department or its designee without the need for any amendment to the support order or any further action by the court.
(b) The department shall serve a notice on the obligor that the income deduction notice has been served on the employers. Service upon an obligor under this section shall be made in the manner prescribed in chapter 48. The department shall furnish to the obligor a statement of the obligor's rights, remedies, and duties in regard to the income deduction.
(c) The obligor has 15 days from the serving of the notice to request a hearing with the department to contest enforcement of income deduction.
(d) The department shall adopt rules to ensure that applicable provisions of s. 61.1301 are followed.
History.--s. 8, ch. 76-220; s. 5, ch. 82-140; s. 148, ch. 86-220; s. 45, ch. 97-103; s. 54, ch. 97-170.