- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Approval of health benefits coverage; financial assistance.
409.817 Approval of health benefits coverage; financial assistance.--In order for health insurance coverage to qualify for premium assistance payments for an eligible child under ss. 409.810-409.821, the health benefits coverage must:
(1) Be certified by the Office of Insurance Regulation of the Financial Services Commission under s. 409.818 as meeting, exceeding, or being actuarially equivalent to the benchmark benefit plan;
(2) Be guarantee issued;
(3) Be community rated;
(4) Not impose any preexisting condition exclusion for covered benefits; however, group health insurance plans may permit the imposition of a preexisting condition exclusion, but only insofar as it is permitted under s. 627.6561;
(5) Comply with the applicable limitations on premiums and cost-sharing in s. 409.816;
(6) Comply with the quality assurance and access standards developed under s. 409.820; and
(7) Establish periodic open enrollment periods, which may not occur more frequently than quarterly.
History.--ss. 42, 57, ch. 98-288; s. 447, ch. 2003-261; s. 22, ch. 2003-405; s. 10, ch. 2009-113.