- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
409.8177 Program evaluation.--
(1) The agency, in consultation with the Department of Health, the Department of Children and Family Services, and the Florida Healthy Kids Corporation, shall contract for an evaluation of the Florida Kidcare program and shall by January 1 of each year submit to the Governor, the President of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a report of the program. In addition to the items specified under s. 2108 of Title XXI of the Social Security Act, the report shall include an assessment of crowd-out and access to health care, as well as the following:
(a) An assessment of the operation of the program, including the progress made in reducing the number of uncovered low-income children.
(b) An assessment of the effectiveness in increasing the number of children with creditable health coverage, including an assessment of the impact of outreach.
(c) The characteristics of the children and families assisted under the program, including ages of the children, family income, and access to or coverage by other health insurance prior to the program and after disenrollment from the program.
(d) The quality of health coverage provided, including the types of benefits provided.
(e) The amount and level, including payment of part or all of any premium, of assistance provided.
(f) The average length of coverage of a child under the program.
(g) The program's choice of health benefits coverage and other methods used for providing child health assistance.
(h) The sources of nonfederal funding used in the program.
(i) An assessment of the effectiveness of the Florida Kidcare program, including Medicaid, the Florida Healthy Kids program, Medikids, and the Children's Medical Services network, and other public and private programs in the state in increasing the availability of affordable quality health insurance and health care for children.
(j) A review and assessment of state activities to coordinate the program with other public and private programs.
(k) An analysis of changes and trends in the state that affect the provision of health insurance and health care to children.
(l) A description of any plans the state has for improving the availability of health insurance and health care for children.
(m) Recommendations for improving the program.
(n) Other studies as necessary.
(2) The agency shall submit each month to the Governor, the President of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a report of enrollment for each program component of the Florida Kidcare program.
History.--ss. 44, 57, ch. 98-288; s. 6, ch. 2000-253; s. 14, ch. 2002-400; s. 22, ch. 2003-405; s. 11, ch. 2009-113.