- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Exemption for certain out-of-state or foreign professionals; limited practice permitted.
456.023 Exemption for certain out-of-state or foreign professionals; limited practice permitted.--
(1) A professional of any other state or of any territory or other jurisdiction of the United States or of any other nation or foreign jurisdiction is exempt from the requirements of licensure under this chapter and the applicable professional practice act under the agency with regulatory jurisdiction over the profession if that profession is regulated in this state under the agency with regulatory jurisdiction over the profession and if that person:
(a) Holds, if so required in the jurisdiction in which that person practices, an active license to practice that profession.
(b) Engages in the active practice of that profession outside the state.
(c) Is employed or designated in that professional capacity by a sports entity visiting the state for a specific sporting event.
(2) A professional's practice under this section is limited to the members, coaches, and staff of the team for which that professional is employed or designated and to any animals used if the sporting event for which that professional is employed or designated involves animals. A professional practicing under authority of this section shall not have practice privileges in any licensed health care facility or veterinary facility without the approval of that facility.
History.--s. 57, ch. 97-261; s. 53, ch. 2000-160.
Note.--Former s. 455.584.