- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Credit committee and credit manager.
657.027 Credit committee and credit manager.--
(1) The board of directors may appoint or the members may elect, as provided in the bylaws, a credit committee composed of at least three members, for such terms as the bylaws provide.
(a) The credit committee shall have the general supervision of all applications for credit by members, pursuant to written policies established by the board of directors.
(b) The credit committee shall meet as often as the business of the credit union requires and not less frequently than once a month to consider applications for credit. No credit shall be extended unless it is approved by a majority of a quorum of the committee. A quorum shall consist of not less than a majority of the entire committee.
(c) The credit committee may appoint one or more loan officers and delegate to them the power to approve or disapprove credit subject to such limitations or conditions as the credit committee prescribes. Credit applications not acted upon by a loan officer shall be reviewed and acted upon by the credit committee.
(2) In lieu of a credit committee, the board of directors may provide for a credit manager to approve or disapprove credit under written conditions prescribed by the board and as provided in the bylaws. The board of directors may designate and empower the chief executive officer as the credit manager, or may authorize the chief executive officer to employ a credit manager. In the event a credit manager is designated or employed, the procedures prescribed in subsection (1) do not apply, and no credit shall be extended unless approved by the credit manager; except that the credit manager may appoint one or more loan officers with the power to approve or disapprove credit, subject to such limitations or conditions as prescribed by the chief executive officer.
History.--ss. 1, 6, ch. 80-258; s. 442, ch. 81-259; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; s. 1, ch. 82-46; ss. 12, 58, ch. 85-82; ss. 1, 2, ch. 91-307; ss. 1, 2, 86, ch. 92-303; s. 16, ch. 2005-181.