- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2011 Florida Statutes
626.747 Branch agencies.—
(1)(a) Each branch place of business established by an agent or agency, firm, corporation, or association shall be in the active full-time charge of a licensed general lines agent or life or health agent who is appointed to represent one or more insurers. Any agent or agency, firm, corporation, or association which has established one or more branch places of business shall be required to have at least one licensed general lines agent who is appointed to represent one or more insurers at each location of the agency including its headquarters location.
(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a), the licensed agent in charge of an insurance agency may also be the agent in charge of additional branch office locations of the agency if insurance activities requiring licensure as an insurance agent do not occur at any location when the agent is not physically present and unlicensed employees at the location do not engage in any insurance activities requiring licensure as an insurance agent or customer service representative.
(2) If the agent or agency establishes places of business in more than one county, additional county tax is payable as provided in s. 624.505.
History.—s. 271, ch. 59-205; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 3, ch. 81-282; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 234, 241, 807, 810, ch. 82-243; ss. 88, 206, 207, ch. 90-363; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 23, ch. 2004-374; s. 28, ch. 2005-257; s. 4, ch. 2007-199.