2012 Florida Statutes
(1) The board shall specify by rule the general areas of competency to be covered by examinations for the licensing under this chapter of cosmetologists. The rules shall include the relative weight assigned in grading each area, the grading criteria to be used by the examiner, and the score necessary to achieve a passing grade. The board shall ensure that examinations adequately measure both an applicant’s competency and her or his knowledge of related statutory requirements. Professional testing services may be utilized to formulate the examinations. The board may, by rule, offer a written clinical examination or a performance examination, or both, in addition to a written theory examination.
(2) The board shall ensure that examinations comply with state and federal equal employment opportunity guidelines.
(3) The examination shall be given at least once a year.
(4) The board shall adopt rules providing for reexamination of applicants who have failed the examinations.
(5) All licensing examinations shall be conducted in such manner that the applicant shall be known by number only until her or his examination is completed and the proper grade determined. An accurate record of each examination shall be made; and that record shall be filed with the secretary of the department and shall be kept for reference and inspection for a period of not less than 2 years immediately following the examination.
History.—s. 1, ch. 78-253; ss. 13, 15, 25, 30, 34, 44, 62, ch. 80-406; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 34, 46, ch. 82-179; s. 96, ch. 83-218; s. 71, ch. 83-329; ss. 35, 36, ch. 85-297; s. 40, ch. 89-344; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 404, ch. 97-103; s. 12, ch. 98-323.