- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
489.519 Inactive status.—
(1) A certificate or registration that becomes inactive may be reactivated under s. 489.517 upon application to the department. The board may not require a licensee to complete more than one renewal cycle of continuing education to reactivate a certificate or registration.
(2) Notwithstanding any provision of s. 455.271 to the contrary, a certificateholder or registrant may apply to the department for voluntary inactive status at any time during the period of certification or registration.
(3) The board shall impose, by rule, continuing education requirements for inactive certificateholders, when inactive status is sought by certificateholders who are also building code administrators, plans examiners, or inspectors certified pursuant to part XII of chapter 468.
(4) After January 1, 1999, any person who passes the certification examination must submit an application either to qualify a business or to place the person’s license on inactive status.
History.—ss. 9, 17, ch. 79-272; s. 373, ch. 81-259; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 10, 21, 23, ch. 88-149; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 278, ch. 94-119; s. 42, ch. 98-419; s. 13, ch. 99-254; s. 32, ch. 2012-61.