- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2020 Florida Statutes
590.01 Wildfire protection.—The Florida Forest Service has the primary responsibility for prevention, detection, and suppression of wildfires wherever they may occur. The Florida Forest Service shall provide leadership and direction in the evaluation, coordination, allocation of resources, and monitoring of wildfire management and protection. The Florida Forest Service shall promote natural resource management and fuel reduction through the use of prescribed fire and other fuel reduction measures.
History.—s. 2, ch. 17029, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 4151(10-hh); ss. 14, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 8, ch. 97-220; s. 1, ch. 99-292; s. 56, ch. 2012-7.