CS/CS/HB 231: Motor Vehicle Manufacturer Licenses
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Trujillo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Avila
Motor Vehicle Manufacturer Licenses; Revises provisions for denial, suspension, or revocation of license of manufacturer, factory branch, distributor, or importer of motor vehicles; revises provisions for certain audits of service-related payments or incentive payments to dealer by an applicant or licensee & timeframe for performance of such audits, provisions for denial or chargeback of claims, & provisions relating to certain adverse actions against dealer that sold or leased motor vehicle to customer who exported vehicle to foreign country or who resold vehicle; prohibits failure to make certain payments to motor vehicle dealer for temporary replacement vehicles & requiring or coercing dealer to purchase goods or services from vendor designated by applicant or licensee; & provides procedures for approval of dealer to purchase goods or services from vendor not designated by applicant or licensee.
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 23
• Introduced -HJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 02/02/16, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 407
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 401
• Original reference(s) removed: Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 434
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/25/16, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 599
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 598
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 604
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 711
• Amendment(s) adopted (027651, 418357) -HJ 711
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 733
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 734
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Rules -SJ 727
• Received -SJ 727
• Withdrawn from Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Rules -SJ 711
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 711
• Substituted for CS/SB 960 -SJ 711
• Read 2nd time -SJ 711
• Read 3rd time -SJ 712
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 712
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 822
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-77
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.