CS/HB 349: Students with Disabilities in Public Schools
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee ; DuBose ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Alexander ; Bush ; Cortes ; Daniels ; Davis ; Driskell ; Eskamani ; Grall ; Grieco ; Hill ; Jacobs ; Mercado ; Newton ; Payne ; Perez ; Plasencia ; Polo ; Rodrigues, R. ; Sirois ; Valdes ; Watson, C. ; Willhite ; Williams
Students with Disabilities in Public Schools; Prohibits use of seclusion on students; revises provisions relating to use of restraint on certain students; provides DOE, school district, school, & personnel requirements; requires continuing education & inservice training for teaching students with emotional or behavioral disabilities.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 47
• Introduced -HJ 47
• PCS on Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 460
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 457
• Original reference(s) removed: PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Education Committee -HJ 478
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 478
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/28/19, 8:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 539
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 539
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 620
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 656
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 656
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 394
• Received -SJ 394
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.