CS/SB 7042: Public Records/Commission on Ethics
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Ethics and Elections
Public Records/Commission on Ethics; Providing exemptions from public records requirements for secure login credentials held by the Commission on Ethics and certain information entered into the electronic filing system for financial disclosure forms; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/17/2019 Senate - Placed on 3rd reading
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Ethics and Elections
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/13/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/26/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 302
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/11/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 349
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 377
• Placed on 3rd reading
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.