CS/HB 7067: K-12 Scholarship Programs
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Education Committee ; Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Fine ; Fischer ; Roth
K-12 Scholarship Programs ; Revising initial scholarship eligibility criteria for the Family Empowerment Scholarship Program; requiring that priority be given to students whose household income levels do not exceed a specified amount or who are in foster care or out-of-home; requiring a scholarship-funding organization to refer students who did not receive a scholarship because of lack of funds to another scholarship-funding organization, etc.
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 480
• Introduced -HJ 480
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/25/20, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 10 -HJ 677
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 675
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 842
• Amendment(s) failed (130329, 837673, 841565, 856839) -HJ 842, 846
• Amendment(s) adopted (090379) -HJ 842, 846
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 950
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 81 NAYS 39 -HJ 951
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 565
• Received -SJ 565
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations -SJ 580
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1220 -SJ 580
• Read 2nd time -SJ 580
• Temporarily postponed -SJ 580
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 653
• Amendment(s) pending (159850) -SJ 696, 723
• Temporarily postponed -SJ 696, 723
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 724
• Pending amendment(s), failed (159850) -SJ 743
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 853
• CS passed; YEAS 21 NAYS 14 -SJ 853
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1255
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-95
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.