- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Delivery of special absentee ballot to certain first-time voters.
101.6921 Delivery of special absentee ballot to certain first-time voters.--
(1) The provisions of this section apply to voters who registered to vote by mail, who have not previously voted in the county, and who have not provided the identification or certification required by s. 97.0535 by the time the absentee ballot is mailed.
(2) The supervisor shall enclose with each absentee ballot three envelopes: a secrecy envelope, into which the absent elector will enclose his or her marked ballot; an envelope containing the Voter's Certificate, into which the absent elector shall place the secrecy envelope; and a mailing envelope, which shall be addressed to the supervisor and into which the absent elector will place the envelope containing the Voter's Certificate and a copy of the required identification.
(3) The Voter's Certificate shall be in substantially the following form:
Note: Please Read Instructions Carefully Before Marking Ballot and Completing Voter's Certificate
I, _____, do solemnly swear or affirm that I am a qualified and registered voter of _____ County, Florida, and that I have not and will not vote more than one ballot in this election. I understand that if I commit or attempt to commit any fraud in connection with voting, vote a fraudulent ballot, or vote more than once in an election, I can be convicted of a felony of the third degree and fined up to $5,000 and/or imprisoned for up to 5 years. I also understand that failure to sign this certificate will invalidate my ballot. I understand that unless I meet one of the exemptions below, I must provide a copy of a current and valid identification as provided in the instruction sheet to the supervisor of elections in order for my ballot to count.
I further certify that I am exempt from the requirements to furnish a copy of a current and valid identification with my ballot because of one or more of the following (check all that apply):
[ ] I am 65 years of age or older.
[ ] I have a permanent or temporary physical disability.
[ ] I am a member of a uniformed service on active duty who, by reason of such active duty, will be absent from the county on election day.
[ ] I am a member of the Merchant Marine who, by reason of service in the Merchant Marine, will be absent from the county on election day.
[ ] I am the spouse or dependent of a member of the uniformed service or Merchant Marine who, by reason of the active duty or service of the member, will be absent from the county on election day.
[ ] I am currently residing outside the United States.
(4) The certificate shall be arranged on the back of the envelope so that the line for the signature of the absent elector is across the seal of the envelope.
History.--s. 22, ch. 2003-415; s. 4, ch. 2004-232.