2007 Florida Statutes
Definitions; ss. 420.621-420.627.
420.621 Definitions; ss. 420.621-420.627.--As used in ss. 420.621-420.627, the following terms shall have the following meanings, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "AFDC" means Aid to Families with Dependent Children as administered under chapter 409.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Children and Family Services.
(3) "District" means a service district of the Department of Children and Family Services, as set forth in s. 20.19
(4) "Homeless" refers to an individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence or an individual who has a primary nighttime residence that is:
(a) A supervised publicly or privately operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations, including welfare hotels, congregate shelters, and transitional housing for the mentally ill;
(b) An institution that provides a temporary residence for individuals intended to be institutionalized; or
(c) A public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as, a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.
The term does not refer to any individual imprisoned or otherwise detained pursuant to state or federal law.
(5) "Local coalition for the homeless" means a coalition established pursuant to s. 420.623
(6) "New and temporary homeless" means those individuals or families who are homeless due to external factors, such as unemployment or other loss of income, personal or family-life crises, or the shortage of low-income housing.
(7) "Secretary" means the secretary of the Department of Children and Family Services.
History.--s. 9, ch. 87-106; s. 18, ch. 92-58; s. 20, ch. 93-200; s. 202, ch. 99-8; s. 9, ch. 2001-98.