2007 Florida Statutes
498.017 Fees.--The division shall charge fees as follows:
(1) A base fee of $450 per subdivision registration application plus a fee of $4 for each of the first 2,000 lots, parcels, units, or interests in the subdivision and a fee of $2 for each additional lot, parcel, unit, or interest.
(2)(a) Each registration shall be renewed annually as provided in s. 498.041 and shall be accompanied by a base fee of $300 for each renewal plus 75 cents for each undeeded lot, parcel, unit, or interest.
(b) A penalty not to exceed $20 per day may be assessed for a delinquent renewal; and the order of registration shall be suspended by operation of law after the 10th day of delinquency until the renewal fee and penalty are received by the division. In no event shall the penalty fee exceed $400 per registration.
(3) The division shall charge subdividers of out-of-state subdivisions disposed of or offered for disposition in this state an initial and annual renewal fee equal to the fees charged for subdivided lands located within the state.
(4) The application for registration required by s. 498.027 shall be accompanied by the initial fee, and when an inspection is to be made of the subdivided lands, the application shall also be accompanied by an amount equivalent to the cost of travel to and from the location of the subdivided lands, as estimated by the division, and by a further amount estimated to be necessary to cover the additional expenses of the inspection. The division shall not approve a registration until the subdivider pays any other actual verified expenses incurred in the inspection.
(5) The division shall charge each subdivider a fee, which it shall set by rule, for filing notification of a material change of the offering. The fee shall not be less than $200 nor more than $1,000 unless the division determines that the actual costs of processing the material change exceeds $1,000. If the division so determines, it shall issue its order charging the registrant with the actual costs of processing the material change. The order shall include documentation of the actual costs, and the registrant shall be entitled to a hearing under chapter 120, upon request.
(6) Each request for release of assurances established for improvements shall be accompanied by a $50 fee; the subdivider shall also pay all actual verified expenses for onsite inspections or examinations.
(7) Each request for an exemption advisory opinion shall be accompanied by a $100 fee.
(8) Each filing of advertising material as required by s. 498.035 shall be accompanied by a fee of $25.
(9) The division shall charge a subdivider $250 for filing a reservation program.
(10) The division may contract with any subdivider or others for reasonable charges for any extra or special service pertaining to any registration or application for registration.
(11) The division shall charge a subdivider $250 for filing a no-action letter request.
History.--s. 13, ch. 63-129; s. 12, ch. 67-229; s. 3, ch. 69-393; s. 2, ch. 71-98; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 5, ch. 78-366; ss. 9, 30, 32, ch. 79-347; ss. 3, 21, ch. 81-177; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 1, 3, ch. 82-400; s. 3, ch. 83-265; ss. 7, 33, 34, ch. 88-90; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 4, ch. 97-192.
Note.--Former s. 478.131.