HB 5501 — One-Stop Business Registration Portal
by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee and Rep. Hooper and others (SB 1976 by Budget Committee)
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Budget Committee (BC)
The bill provides for the following:
- Directs the Department of Revenue (DOR) to establish and implement a One-Stop Business Registration Portal, through an internet website, to provide individuals and businesses with a single point of entry for transacting business in the state.
Provides that the One-Stop Business Registration Portal must provide businesses and individuals a single point-of-entry for:
- Completing and submitting applications for various licenses, registrations or permits that are issued by state agencies or departments to do business in the state.
- Filing of documents that must be submitted to state agencies or departments to transact business in the state.
- Remitting of payments for the various fees that must be paid to state agencies or departments to obtain licensure, registration or a permit.
- Authorizes the DOR to competitively procure and contract for services to develop and maintain the portal, and directs the Departments of Business and Professional Regulation, Economic Opportunity, Financial Services, Lottery, Management Services and State to cooperate with the DOR in the development and implementation of the portal.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect July 1, 2012.
Vote: Senate 40-0; House 116-0