The Senate will convene on Tuesday, March 3, 2020, at 10:00 a.m., or upon the call of the President.
2020 Legislative Session
The Senate convened on Tuesday, January 14, 2020. The 2020 Regular Session is scheduled to conclude on Friday, March 13, 2020.
2020-2021 General Appropriations Act
The Senate’s balanced budget for fiscal year 2020-2021 invests in Florida’s teachers, state employees, and environment, while maintaining $3.5 billion in total state reserves.
Investing In Our Teachers and School Personnel
SB 2500, the Senate’s proposed budget for fiscal year 2020-2021, invests $825 million in Florida’s teachers and school personnel with $500 million in a new Teacher Salary Increase Allocation, along with $325 million in increased flexible funding through the Base Student Allocation.
- Senate Passes Legislation to Safeguard Services for Victims of Domestic Violence February 26, 2020 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Randolph Bracy Reinforces Why Florida Needs a Minimum Age for Arrest Law February 26, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Bracy
- The Mayfield Minute: Session Week 6 with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) February 25, 2020 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- The Book Report: Week of February 17, 2020 (pdf) February 24, 2020 - Publication by Senator Book
- Senator Perry's Newsletter- February 21, 2020 (pdf) February 21, 2020 - Publication by Senator Perry
- Legislation to Enhance Public Safety Advances to Senate Floor February 20, 2020 - Press Release by President's Office
- Berman Buzz - Legislative Update (pdf) February 20, 2020 - Publication by Senator Berman
- News You Can Use From Senator Audrey Gibson - Session Update (pdf) February 20, 2020 - Publication by Senator Gibson