The Senate will convene on Wednesday, February 19, 2020, at 4:00 p.m., or upon the call of the President.
2020 Legislative Session
The Senate convened on Tuesday, January 14, 2020. The 2020 Regular Session is scheduled to conclude on Friday, March 13, 2020.
2020-2021 General Appropriations Act
The Senate’s balanced budget for fiscal year 2020-2021 invests in Florida’s teachers, state employees, and environment, while maintaining $3.5 billion in total state reserves.
Investing In Our Teachers and School Personnel
SB 2500, the Senate’s proposed budget for fiscal year 2020-2021, invests $825 million in Florida’s teachers and school personnel with $500 million in a new Teacher Salary Increase Allocation, along with $325 million in increased flexible funding through the Base Student Allocation.
- The Mayfield Minute: Session Week 5 with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) February 17, 2020 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Senate Unanimously Passes Budget with Key Investments in Florida’s Teachers, State Employees, and Environment, $3.5 Billion Total Reserves February 13, 2020 - Press Release by President's Office
- Capitol Buzz-Week 4 (pdf) February 12, 2020 - Publication by Senator Rader
- Senator Janet Cruz Advances Senate Budget Amendment For Abandoned African-American Cemetery Memorials February 12, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Cruz
- The Book Report: Week of February 3, 2020 (pdf) February 11, 2020 - Publication by Senator Book
- The Mayfield Minute: Session Week 4 with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) February 11, 2020 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Berman Buzz: Session 2020 Week Four (pdf) February 7, 2020 - Publication by Senator Berman
- News You Can Use From Senator Audrey Gibson - Session Update (pdf) February 7, 2020 - Publication by Senator Gibson