2012 Florida Statutes
206.9931 Administrative provisions.—
(1) Any person producing in, importing into, or causing to be imported into this state taxable pollutants for sale, use, or otherwise and who is not registered or licensed pursuant to other parts of this chapter is hereby required to register and become licensed for the purposes of this part. Such person shall register as either a producer or importer of pollutants and shall be subject to all applicable registration and licensing provisions of this chapter, as if fully set out in this part and made expressly applicable to the taxes imposed herein, including, but not limited to, ss. 206.02, 206.021, 206.022, 206.025, 206.03, 206.04, and 206.05. For the purposes of this section, registrations required exclusively for this part shall be made within 90 days of July 1, 1986, for existing businesses, or prior to the first production or importation of pollutants for businesses created after July 1, 1986. The fee for registration shall be $30. Failure to timely register is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) The taxes imposed in this part are due on the first day of the month succeeding the month of production, importation, or removal from a storage facility and shall be paid on or before the 20th day of each month. Taxes shall be reported on forms and in the manner prescribed by the department by rule.
(3) Any person subject to taxation under this part or any person who sells tax-paid pollutants, other than a retail dealer, shall separately state the amount of such tax paid on any charge ticket, sales slip, invoice, or other tangible evidence of the sale or shall certify on the sales document that the tax required pursuant to this part has been paid and the amount of tax paid per barrel.
(4) All pollutants imported, produced, or sold in this state are presumed to be subject to the taxes imposed by this part. Any person, except the final retail consumer, who has purchased a pollutant for sale, use, consumption, or distribution in this state must document that the taxes imposed by this part have been paid or must pay such taxes directly to the department in accordance with subsection (2).
(5) The department may authorize a quarterly return and payment when the tax remitted by the terminal supplier, importer, wholesaler, dealer, or producer for the preceding quarter did not exceed $100; may authorize a semiannual return and payment when the tax remitted by the licensee for the preceding 6 months did not exceed $200; and may authorize an annual return and payment when the tax remitted by the licensee for the preceding 12 months did not exceed $400.
History.—s. 3, ch. 86-159; s. 78, ch. 87-6; s. 65, ch. 87-99; s. 47, ch. 87-101; s. 22, ch. 91-112; s. 16, ch. 91-224; s. 93, ch. 95-417.