2018 Florida Statutes
561.702 Legislative intent.—It is the intent of the Legislature to:
(1) Eliminate the sale of alcoholic beverages to, and consumption of alcoholic beverages by, underaged persons.
(2) Reduce intoxication-related accidents, injuries, and deaths in the state.
(3) Encourage alcoholic beverage vendors and their employees to prevent drug activity on their premises.
(4) Encourage alcoholic beverage vendors to be prudent in their serving practices and to restrict the sanctions that may be imposed in administrative proceedings against those vendors who comply with responsible practices in accordance with this act.
(5) Encourage alcoholic beverage vendors to implement responsible policies for serving and promoting alcoholic beverages and, by so doing, prevent the over-service of alcoholic beverages to customers and prevent the over-consumption of alcoholic beverages by customers while on the licensed premises of vendors.
(6) Promote an attitude of professionalism and responsibility on the part of vendors who sell or serve alcoholic beverages which is expressed in a commitment to responsible service.
History.—s. 2, ch. 89-107; s. 1, ch. 96-419.