CS/CS/SB 160: Sports Coaches/Criminal History Screening [SPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Criminal Justice ; Ring
Sports Coaches/Criminal History Screening [SPSC]; Defines the terms "independent youth athletic team," "minor," and "sports coach." Requires the sanctioning authority of an independent youth athletic team to screen an applicant for sports coach through designated public websites maintained by the FDLE and the United States Department of Justice. Provides that a background screening in compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act satisfies screening provisions, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2009 House - Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration; Died in Committee on PreK-12 Policy (EPC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/18/09, 9:00 am, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute); Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/03/09, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00015; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/18/09, 9:00 am, 37-S; CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00118; CS read 1st time on 03/03/09 -SJ 00114; Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute); Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00118; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/03/09, 2:00 pm, 412-K; Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00140
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00140
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/18/09, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00164; CS read 1st time on 03/19/09 -SJ 00216
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00246
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00288
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00333; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00334
• In Messages
• Referred to PreK-12 Policy (EPC); Civil Justice & Courts Policy (CCJP); Education Policy Council; Policy Council -HJ 01158; Received -HJ 01158
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration; Died in Committee on PreK-12 Policy (EPC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.