CS/SB 1296: Pub. Rec./Medicaid and Public Assistance Fraud [GPSC]
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Negron ; Crist
Pub. Rec./Medicaid and Public Assistance Fraud [GPSC]; Creates a public records exemption for specified information held by the Medicaid and Public Assistance Fraud Strike Force. Creates a public meeting exemption for meetings of the Medicaid and Public Assistance Fraud Strike Force at which specified information is discussed. Provides for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions under the Open Government Sunset Review Act. Provides a statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 4/30/2010 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; General Government Appropriations; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; Rules
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; General Government Appropriations; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; Rules -SJ 00092
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/06/10, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00525; CS read 1st time on 04/08/10 -SJ 00541
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00525
• Withdrawn from General Government Appropriations -SJ 00796; Now in Rules
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 00805; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading; Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00807; Read 3rd time -SJ 00807; CS passed; YEAS 33 NAYS 0 -SJ 00807
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.