CS/HJR 1179: Abortion/Public Funding/Construction of Rights
JOINT RESOLUTION by Health and Human Services Committee ; Baxley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Albritton ; Broxson ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Davis ; Dorworth ; Gaetz ; Grant ; McKeel ; Metz ; Moraitis ; Patronis ; Plakon ; Porter ; Precourt ; Renuart ; Smith ; Snyder ; Stargel ; Tobia ; Van Zant ; Weatherford ; Weinstein ; Williams, T. ; Young
Abortion/Public Funding/Construction of Rights; Proposes creation of s. 28, Art. I of State Constitution; prohibits public funding of abortions; provides exceptions; prohibits State Constitution from being interpreted to create broader rights to abortion than those contained in U.S. Constitution.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 103
• Referred to Health and Human Services Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 219
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/13/11, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 645
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 639
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 659
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/21/11, 11:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 4 -HJ 762
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 762
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 781
• Amendment(s) failed (089709) -HJ 781
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 809
• CS passed; YEAS 82 NAYS 35 -HJ 810
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 545
• Referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 545
• Withdrawn from Health Regulation; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 526
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SJR 1538 -SJ 526
• Read 2nd time -SJ 526
• Amendment(s) adopted (634602) -SJ 526
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 551
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 27 NAYS 12 -SJ 552
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (634602) -HJ 1145
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 79 NAYS 34 -HJ 1146
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1146
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.