CS/CS/SB 1916: Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Commerce and Tourism ; Detert
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; Renames the Division of Consumer Services within the department as the "Division of Consumer Protection." Revises the information that a person must supply in an application for licensure as a private investigator, private security service, or repossession service. Requires the department to investigate the mental fitness of an applicant of a Class "K" firearms instructor license. Requires an application for a security officer school or training facility to be verified under oath. Revises requirements for petroleum fuel affidavits, etc.
Last Action: 5/6/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7209 (Ch. 2011-205), SB 2122 (Ch. 2011-56) -SJ 1279
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Budget -SJ 245
• Introduced -SJ 245
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/29/11, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 323
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 323
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 349
• Also referred to Rules -SJ 461
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 473
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 470
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 494
• Withdrawn from Budget with subcommittee recommendation -SJ 672
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 849
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/06/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1278
• Substituted CS/HB 7209 -SJ 1279
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7209 (Ch. 2011-205), SB 2122 (Ch. 2011-56) -SJ 1279
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.