HB 501: Choose Life License Plates
GENERAL BILL by Baxley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Brodeur ; Broxson ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Davis ; Drake ; Mayfield ; McKeel ; Metz ; Plakon ; Porter ; Precourt ; Smith ; Snyder ; Van Zant ; Weatherford ; Weinstein
Choose Life License Plates; Provides for annual use fees to be distributed to Choose Life, Inc., rather than counties; provides for Choose Life, Inc., to redistribute portion of such funds to nongovernmental, not-for-profit agencies that assist certain pregnant women; authorizes Choose Life, Inc., to use portion of funds to administer & promote Choose Life license plate program.
Last Action: 6/23/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-186
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee, 02/22/11, 1:30 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 151
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 151
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/08/11, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 48
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 4 -HJ 188
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 188
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/17/11, 8:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 260
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 260
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 780
• Amendment(s) failed (561709, 724031, 877279) -HJ 780
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 809
• Passed; YEAS 82 NAYS 35 -HJ 809
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 1018
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 1018
• Withdrawn from Transportation; Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 1118
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 196 -SJ 1118
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1118
• Amendment(s) adopted (106676) -SJ 1119
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1119
• Passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 10 -SJ 1119
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (106676) -HJ 1378
• Passed as amended; YEAS 83 NAYS 33 -HJ 1379
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1379
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-186
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.