SB 534: Firesafety
GENERAL BILL by Wise
Firesafety; Revises the rulemaking authority and responsibilities of the State Fire Marshal relating to educational and ancillary plants. Revises requirements and procedures for inspections of buildings and equipment. Abolishes special state firesafety inspector classifications and certifications. Provides criteria, procedures, and requirements for special state firesafety inspectors to be certified as firesafety inspectors. Revises firesafety inspection requirements for educational institution boards to conform to certain codes, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 331 (Ch. 2011-79) -SJ 630
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Higher Education (HE)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Education Pre-K - 12; Community Affairs; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/09/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 47
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 163
• Now in Education Pre-K - 12 -SJ 163
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/17/11, 1:15 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 235
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/04/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 322
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 323
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 468
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 540
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 630
• Substituted HB 331 -SJ 630
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 331 (Ch. 2011-79) -SJ 630
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.