CS/CS/SB 802: Premises Liability
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Environmental Preservation and Conservation
Premises Liability; Providing that an owner or lessee who makes an area available to another person for hunting, fishing, or wildlife viewing is entitled to certain limitations on liability if notice is provided to a person upon entry to the area or is posted conspicuously on the area; providing that an owner of an area who enters into a written agreement with the state for the area to be used for outdoor recreational purposes is entitled to certain limitations on liability; deleting a requirement that the area be leased to the state in order for the limitations on liability to apply; defining the term “area”, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 313 (Ch. 2012-203) -SJ 915
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation (EP)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• SPB 7006 submitted as a committee bill (SB 802) by Environmental Preservation and Conservation
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 68
• Introduced -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation and Conservation, 01/24/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Environmental Preservation and Conservation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/31/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/12, 1:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 500
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 503
• Now in Budget -SJ 500
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 534
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 747
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 776
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 915
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 313 -SJ 915
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 313 (Ch. 2012-203) -SJ 915
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.