CS/SJR 1064: Tangible Personal Property/Ad Valorem Tax Exemption
JOINT RESOLUTION by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax ; Detert ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gardiner
Tangible Personal Property/Ad Valorem Tax Exemption; Proposing amendments to the State Constitution to provide an additional exemption from ad valorem taxes on tangible personal property valued at more than $25,000 but less than $50,000, to authorize a county or municipality to provide an additional exemption from ad valorem taxation for tangible personal property by ordinance, and to provide an effective date, etc.
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 86
• Introduced -SJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/06/12, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Community Affairs (127370); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 485
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/23/12, 8:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 685
• Now in Budget -SJ 685
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 686
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 776
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 996
• Substituted CS/HJR 1003 -SJ 997
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 1003 (Passed) -SJ 997
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.