CS/CS/SB 1146: Effect of Dissolution or Annulment of Marriage on Certain Designations
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Simmons
Effect of Dissolution or Annulment of Marriage on Certain Designations; Providing that a designation made by or on behalf of a decedent providing for the payment or transfer at death of an interest in an asset to or for the benefit of the decedent’s former spouse shall become void if the decedent’s marriage was judicially dissolved or declared invalid before the decedent’s death, if the designation was made prior to the dissolution or order; providing that payors are not liable for payments or transfers to beneficiaries contrary to this provision in certain circumstances; providing that certain provisions apply notwithstanding the payor’s knowledge that the person to whom the asset is transferred is different from the person who would own the interest due to the dissolution of the decedent’s marriage or declaration of the marriage’s validity before the decedent’s death, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 401 (Ch. 2012-148) -SJ 1001
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• Referred to Judiciary; Budget -SJ 93
• Introduced -SJ 93
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 287
• Now in Budget -SJ 280
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 303
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 750
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 874
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 874
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1001
• Substituted CS/HB 401 -SJ 1001
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 401 (Ch. 2012-148) -SJ 1001
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.