CS/SJR 1508: Board of Governors/Student Member Selection Process
JOINT RESOLUTION by Judiciary ; Montford ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ring
Board of Governors/Student Member Selection Process; Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to revise the selection process for the student member of the Board of Governors of the State University System, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Higher Education (HE)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Higher Education; Judiciary; Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 216
• Introduced -SJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 02/09/12, 1:15 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 3 NAYS 1 -SJ 484
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 484
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/20/12, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections -SJ 671
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 682
• Withdrawn from Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections -SJ 726
• Now in Rules
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 776
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1036
• Substituted CS/HJR 931 -SJ 1037
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 931 (Passed) -SJ 1037
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.