CS/SB 1704: High School Athletics
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12 ; Wise
High School Athletics; Expanding the eligibility of certain students in private schools to participate in sports programs in public schools; requiring private schools that are members of the Sunshine Independent Athletic Association to comply with certain requirements for having an operational automated external defibrillator on school grounds and to comply with cheerleader safety standards; prohibiting the Florida High School Athletic Association from denying or discouraging interscholastic competition between public and private schools, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1403 (Ch. 2012-188) -SJ 949
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 228
• Introduced -SJ 228
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/30/12, 3:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 314
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 316
• Now in Budget -SJ 314
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 328
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• Withdrawn from Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 776
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 949
• Amendment(s) adopted (294582) -SJ 949
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 1403 -SJ 949
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1403 (Ch. 2012-188) -SJ 949
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.